I began a weight loss journey around a year ago and tried various ways to lose some pounds I was carrying around with me for far too long. I worked out at the gym, drank water, cut out all sugar, eat veggies, walked and tried Keto and other plans. I always would lose some weight and then would plateau and get frustrated. In January of 2021 I had just gotten out of the hospital from a Covid sickness and had dropped about 15 pounds in an obvious unhealthy way. I just could not eat much and didn’t feel like eating at all so the pounds came off quickly and I looked terrible. I decided once I got my energy and appetite back that I would use that bad experience as a kick start to a healthier me.
I had eaten unhealthy for too long and honestly probably got Covid because I was a classic case of symptoms being overweight, diabetic and unhealthy. I almost died in that hospital and at that point I vowed to never go back to the old habits I had. Well that commitment is easier said than done. Talking about something and doing something about it are two different things. That is when I seen an old friend that had lost about 75 pounds and he looked amazing. He had completely changed his way of eating and living and I took his advice and began my weight loss journey. It was hard at first and still remains a challenge but with patience and perseverance I know I will accomplish my goals.
I began a plan and stayed on it solid for the first six weeks and by early June I had dropped about 40 pounds and was feeling so much better. I had went from 340 pounds to 300 and that was one of my biggest goals was to see that 300 pound marl again for the first time in over 25 years. Then I got sick and my wife got sick and it set me back a few weeks but I continued to fight and do the best I could and then I got down to 290. I was amazed that I was at that weight and I know that sounds like a lot of weight but to see that total was truly a blessing. Then a few things came about in life that began to set me back.
These things began to get in the way of my daily schedule I ran and how I was eating. I became less disciplined and was eating things I had gotten away from. I was starting to gain some weight back and was moving away from my goal instead of going towards it. Today I was 296.5 so I am up 6.5 pounds from where I was a few weeks ago. I looked in the mirror today and scolded myself a bit and told myself I had to be accountable for my actions and be disciplined when it came to managing my health, body, emotions, and actions. So I did some reading and found some tips that have helped me get back on track.
I will get back to the 290 mark and then head for 280. Then 270 and so on with an eventual goal of 220. It will take me over a year or maybe even longer to see 220 but I will do it if I follow the plan, stay on track, make good decisions and stay disciplined. Below is a list of ways you can get back on track if you get off target or track from reaching your weight loss and health goals. God Bless and I pray you all have a wonderful remaining and healthy 2021.
- Take a look at where you are and how you got there. If you set a goal look at it and see how you are doing towards it.
- Be honest with yourself and know that losing weight, getting healthy and correcting the mistakes of the past will not be easy and will come with bumps in the road.
- Refocus on your eating patterns, the foods you are digesting and how often you eat.
- Never eat when your famished. That causes you to over eat and gives you temporary satisfaction but is a big setback to goals.
- Drink a minimum of 64 ounces of water daily. Drinking lots of water is very healthy and also keeps you full.
- Avoid the pitfalls of old habits like eating fatty foods, greasy foods, and unhealthy snacks. These are the things that created the situation you are currently in so doing this only sets you back.
- Set new goals, track them by logging what you eat, weigh every now and then and watch the results take place.
- Stick to it. Do not give up. Do not make excuses. Do not let food overtake you. Stay focused and win the battle of the bulge!
- Pray for Gods guidance, grace and mercy in your life.
- Win by eating to live and not living to eat!